Saturday, July 28, 2007

The First Of Many

First of all, welcome to my Blog.

Second of all, I looked at the calendar today and realized that in less than one month I will be in college. The Columbus College of Art and Design (Dorm Room 897 to be specific) will, from that point on, be my home. Scary thoughts ran through my mind at that thought. I'm excited for school, to be honest, for the change in tempo and scenery. I can only hope that I will meet people of the same caliber there that I have had the pleasure of meeting here, people who aren't so caught-up in themselves that they forget to take a step back and enjoy the moment, people who aren't interested in living the crazy-life just because it's available, people who have the same doubts, the same fears, the same passions as me. Can such people exist at an Art school? We'll see.

This summer has been spent either on the computer (much to the dismay of my parents), in the movie theater, or in bed and that's the way I like it. The computer part involves a lot of things: Desperate attempts to maintain contact with all-too-distant friends, working on a complete re-design for my (grade)school website, working on various design odd-jobs and Potter. This being the Summer of Seven, a large portion of my time has been spent reading, writing, talking and hearing about my favorite book series. I had the amazing good fortune of stumbling across The Leaky Cauldron about four years ago in my desperate search for answers after finishing Goblet of Fire. It has since then become not only my homepage but a fantastic second family for me. Now that Deathly Hallows is out, I hope that family can stay intact; but there's a whole other post there.

I'm liking this idea of a true Blog. Hope you are too.

No comments: