Monday, December 17, 2007

What I've Been Up To

Man, it's been almost a month since my last post. Sorry about that. First semester is over and I'm back home for a solid month of Christmas break. The last few weeks of class were busy ones, hence the obvious lack of blogging. Final at Art school are a little different than those at State school. They're not written tests (Except for Art History) but large, multi-step projects due the last week of school. In all honesty, finals week wasn't as bad as I'd imagined it would be. The work load stayed about the same and after each class we thrived on the feeling that we were one step closer to Christmas. I managed to squeak out of all of my classes with an A- or higher (except for Color Concept, the class which is the absolute bane of my existence). I made the President's list, which I'm pretty proud of, and I'm actually excited to go back to school (almost exclusively because I moved to the fourth floor and will now be living with people who actually grasp the concepts of sanitation and respect).
So far, break has been everything I'd hoped it would be. I made it to the second pep band game of the year and had fun catching up with everyone there. I gazed upon the glorious thing that is the iPhone as Mark was texting Zandra during the game. The band phoned in an expertly arranged version of "The Birthday Song" to Mr. Eastham as he sat at home, no doubt glad to be away from the madness for once.
We had Part 1 of our many Christmases Saturday and I managed to rake in a few dollars as well as a damn cool book about the concepts and making of the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Sunday, I had the distinct pleasure of attending my best friend Casey's Eagle Court of Honor ceremony. Seeing all the pictures and hearing the stories made me wish more than I ever had before that I'd stuck it out in the scouting program. Although, from what I hear, Case is glad to be able to finish that chapter of his life.
Tuesday, a bunch of us graduates met up at Madeline's for a day of Christmas movie madness and our usual over-the-top brand of merriment. We were at BV as class let out and it was awesome to see the old crowd again. After school we headed to that most-familiar of meeting places, the Mean Bean, for some caffeine and casual conversation.
Being with the people you love the most has a way of reaffirming your faith.With them, there are no worries, no deadlines, no heartache, just pure love and friendship, the kind that can withstand months apart and even the most trying times. With them, all is well in the world again. Thank God.

No comments: