Monday, March 17, 2008

"God! That was a good bite."

Dang. It's only Monday. In two days, we've nearly mastered the Chicago transit system, we've been to the far corners of the city, the nice sections and the not-so nice, we've eaten everything from deep-dish pizza to grossly expensive McDonald's and burnt through nearly half of our alloted weekly cash. Today we started our volunteer work Walter Reed Elementary school on the far south side of Chicago. Our task is to come up with a design for the wall of the gym and paint it...in five days: not impossible, but close. Luckily, we managed to finalize a design. I did my best to contribute but evidently my eye for design isn't as good as it should be; the majority of my ideas got shot down for one reason or another. Either way, the design is finished and we're ready to start painting.
After work today, we collapsed into nice three-hour long naps. Dinner was traditional, deep dish pizza at Pizza Due, the second generation of the world-famous Pizza Uno. Todd, one of my friends and roommates is a vegetarian so my usual "meat lovers" option went out the window only to be replaced by a fantastic four-cheese pesto deep dish. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. I'm sure our waitress was the dearest, oldest spunky fake-redhead in the entire city. We adored the woman and she received an-almost 30% tip.
We walked to the Apple Store on Michigan Ave. and beheld all the Apple wonders there to see and made our way back to the hostel where we crashed, this time for good, for the rest of the night.

No comments: