Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Current Status: Working

Sorry it's been forever. Things are teetering on the edge of insanity at this point and finding time to blog is difficult. The past few weeks have been good ones. I'm meeting people, which, about a month ago, I had no real desire to do. What I love about CCAD's Foundation Studies year is that everyone suffers through the same hellish projects. We can sympathize with each other when we mess up, rejoice with each other when we finish a particularly grueling assignment and struggle through the process together. It's strange how much bonding can be done over a few odd pieces of wood or a drawing of a barn.
Last week was a doozie. The workload took a dramatic surge upward and just at the time when I needed a little free time. My parents bought me tickets to see John Williams conduct the Columbus Symphony Orchestra and the show was Wednesday. I wanted that night to be as stress-free as possible. This meant cramming two-days worth of work, an enormous 2D Design project, drawing assignment, 3D Design project and Digital Design/Type project into the span of one night. At one point I thought my eyes were going to fall out of my skull in protest but, after many, many hours of work, I finished and God was that feeling gratifying. The concert was amazing. I took my friend Ashley and we had a great time being nerds. The pizza we ordered afterward was some of the best tasting food I had ever ingested simply because I hadn't eaten since 8 o'clock that morning.
I spent the weekend in the peace and quiet of my own back yard. I love fall and sitting out beneath the changing trees. The peace of home is such a contrast to the non-stop action of school and, for me at least, it's a necessity. I watched Emily and the rest of the marching band compete in their first-ever band festival hosted by North Union High School. They looked so great and I am still very proud of them. As a group, they sounded great even while missing several key players (namely Casey who is currently recovering from a particularly nasty bout with mono and Davy who took a rather unpleasant spill during school and injured his knee. Guys, we're all thinking about you and hoping you get better soon).
Other than that, my life has consisted of working, eating and sleeping, one of which I am looking forward to doing now.

Note to those who are not attending school due to illness or immobilization and who wish to talk, I'm free every day from 11 o'clock to 12:15; IM me or call, whatever.

Miss you.

1 comment:

Havasnak said...

Good to hear you're still among the living. I check the blog daily (well, ok, almost daily) to see what's really happening. Your mom keeps me posted in between blog entries. Still, I like hearing it from your perspective. Sounds like life is hectic, but good. That's not a bad balance. We miss you. Maybe we can get together on one of your weekends home. If not... keep in touch! I have email too, you know. :) Love you. -Ang