Saturday, September 22, 2007

Revelations

I made a revelation a few days ago while talking to Dave. In college, weekends are not "week-ends" as much as they are "week-extensions". The work never really ends, certainly not for two whole days. At least for me, weekends in high school meant sleeping in, laying around, watching football, hanging out, having fun. In college, weekends are hard-earned chunks of quiet, precious moments of uninterrupted work time. The work load is growing, my friends. In 2D Design alone I have three rather daunting assignments due in less than a week. I'm not worried though. It's nothing I can't handle.

I've also realized that, in general, I am far more introverted in college as compared to high school. I'm sure this has something to do with my completely new surroundings, group of friends and work load, but over all, I would much rather be alone, in my dorm, drawing and listening to some Pirates or Potter than out gallivanting around campus or the city. I like the quiet, it lets me focus and be productive; some of the happiest times of the week are the ones when I am alone with my music and a pencil.

In keeping the this week's theme, I would like to stress that things are going great here at school. Plans are underway for the annual CCAD Boo Ball (we're going as Death Eaters), I really like the people in my classes, I've made an admirable set of friends who are so remarkably like me we can't help but get along and I've stopped dreading the alarm each morning. That being said, I miss my friends: the original group, the one-and-only. I think about them every day and miss them more than anything else. The lapses of time that pass without hearing anything from them are starting to hurt but I realize that, like me, they are busy. They have more important things to do.

And so, I venture ever onward, sailing swiftly into the Unknown, all the while keeping a weathered eye on the horizon, searching for signs from the past.

No comments: