Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Three Weeks and Counting

After three weeks, I have started to dig myself into a niche here in college. I know the difference between what I "need" for class and what I need for class. I know exactly when I need to leave my bed each morning to make it to class on time. I know that the shower takes seven seconds to transition from cold to hot. I know what classes demand the better part of my attention and what classes don't. I know to have my CCAD-ID out and ready so as not to piss off the lunch lady when going through the line in the café. I know that the raspberry Creamice smoothies are the greatest beverages on Earth (and at four dollars a pop, they damn-well better be). I know how to unlock the door of my room with one hand (which comes in very handy when carrying a large drawing board, 18 x 24 inch sketch pad, box of drawing pencils, and a backpack of notebooks). I know not to take critiques personally; they exist only to make me better, although they still suck. I know that Armbrust means "crossbow" in Ancient Germanic and I know that without my daily retreat into the safe haven of my iPod, my routine swim through a sea of good memories, I would not have made it this far.

My birthday was a good one. Thanks to everyone for the onslaught of wall well-wishes and if I didn't thank you personally, I apologize and hope this mention will suffice. My parents bought me a fantastic Casio camera which I make an attempt to use at least once every day (although today was an exception because the battery was charging). I am spending iTunes money like there's no tomorrow. I know, I know. I could pirate but I can't, out of respect for the composers, bring myself to steal the music I listen to. Speaking of composers, one week from today I will be listening to the music of John Williams, live, and conducted by the genius himself (again, thanks to my parents). I can't wait and will do my best to take clear, flash-less pictures. Don't hold your breath.

I had an unusual lull in homework today. It's worrisome: I feel like I've forgotten something but I can't think of what it could be. Oh well, here's hoping I'm wrong. I am, for the most part, completely exhausted and looking forward to Friday and a little extra sleep. Until then, I'll take what I can get.

I miss you all (and I mean that. Sure, it's turned into a kind of tag line [inspired fully by the awesome sign-off of Potter-Watch] but it is the truth. I can't stress that enough). Stay in touch (please). See you when I can.

No comments: