Saturday, September 8, 2007

Scarlet and Gray

Saturday was the Ohio State game versus Akron. Dad and I left early this morning to meet Dave and his friends, and get seats for the Skull Session. Unfortunately, they weren't able to get in to see the rehearsal; they close the gates once the show starts. The band sounded great, as usual. There's something breathtaking about seeing such a legendary group live, and in person. As far as games go, this one was okay. The Buckeye's didn't get their shit in gear until after halftime but luckily the weather improved just as much as the team after the break. It was nice to see David, and to meet his new Akron friends. More than anything else, I wish CCAD had some kind of music program. I have found a few people who were in the bands at their respective high school s but for the most part, they are few and far between.

Speaking of band, Sunday was the All-Horse Parade through Delaware. I met Carie and her friend Lauren on the lawn of the Court House building and we watched with great pride as our band marched by. After the initial passing, Carie and I stalked the band all the way back to the fairgrounds where they stopped to enjoy their annual Post-Parade Picnic. Seeing everyone was great. I can't figure out why, but being away from those people, (Casey, Anna, Davy, Emily, Zandra, Mark and Lee in particular) for a few days is like a month for me. I miss them all a lot but swell up with pride when I see how well they are leading the band.

I came back to CCAD Sunday night to piles and piles of homework. It's getting crazy now but through all the madness I'll keep you updated here. Tomorrows the big 1-8! I'm pretty excited! I'm looking forward to winning the lottery with the LOST numbers, and turning down my first legal cigarette!

Anyway, things are good here. I still miss you. Keep in touch. See you later.

No comments: