Friday, August 31, 2007

A Break in the Action

Friday is my day off, at least for this semester. I'm really kind of glad because I need it. Maybe it's just the fact that this is the first week, or that I'm still used to getting thirteen hours of sleep per night, either way, I'm exhausted. My Thursdays are pretty packed: three classes, two of which are three hours long.

Last night was our New Student Seminar. All 300 new students filed in, took our seats and waited. As the seminar started, the speaker seemed shocked that we were being so attentive which makes me wonder just how bad they expected us to be. So far, I haven't met many truly bad people, which is encouraging. Sure, some are better than others but everyone seems tolerable. After the seminar we ran back to the cafeteria for a last-minute dinner (technically, the cafe closed during the meeting but we were just lucky, I guess). After dinner I hung out with some friends I'd met at "80's Night" on Saturday. We're a fun group, much laughter ensued. It's nice to have classes to talk, complain, laugh and worry about. Saturday we were all kind of like, "So...yeah, Art College. Fun stuff, huh?" It was awkward. But last night was much better, as it should be. I met a fellow by the name of Dunkin, who hailed from the UK. Accents are awesome. I can't not like someone with an accent. Dunkin, it turns out, is a magician. After wowing us with some slight-of-hand he coined the tag line "It's fuckin' simple."* Again, much laughter ensued. Last night was also our Floor Meeting, which consisted of our First Floor RA's dishing out information that we would all forget the minute the meeting was over. So far, I'm not too impressed with the whole RA thing, but who knows? Things might change.

That brings us back to Friday, glorious, classless Friday. Tonight, I'm headed to the Chipotle and the BV game. Does it get much better? I don't think so.

Miss you all. Stay in touch. See you (very) soon.

No comments: