Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fatal Error

Ugh. My computer has finally given up. Coming home today, I noticed it was acting a bit odd. There was a scary, scraping, clicking noise issuing from deep within the tower and IE could barely stay open for five minutes at a time. I restarted (the correct way, even) and that must have been the final straw. Now, it can't even make it past the initial start up. Dad is running some diagnostic software, trying to figure out just what went (or is going) wrong. Oh well, it just must have been it's time. It's seen a lot, my old computer: over seven years, thousands of Photoshop files, hundreds of music files, and two whole site re-designs for BV.

Luckily, I'm close to getting my MacBook which will mean a new chapter in my tech life.

It's just sad because this crash couldn't have happened at a worse time; I'd like, now more than ever, to communicate, to maintain friendships and stay connected. Oh well, such is life.

No comments: